- Corporate Partnerships
- Administrative Advisory Council (AAC)
- Canadian Music Educators’ Association (CMEA)
- Provincial Connections
The OMEA is pleased to have affiliations with a number of different musical organizations.
To become an affiliate organization – please apply through the OMEA President.
- Association of Male Choruses of Ontario (AMCO)
- Canadian Band Association (CBA)
- Canadian Music Educators’ Association (CMEA)
- Canadian Music Industry Education Committee (CMIEC)
- Carl Orff Canada – Ontario Chapter (COCMFC)
- Choirs Ontario (CO)
- Coalition for Music Education in Canada (CMEC)
- Kodaly Society of Ontario (KSO)
- Ontario Band Association (OBA)
- Ontario Registered Music Teachers Association (ORMTA)
- Ontario Strings Association (OSA)
- Ontario Vocal Festival (OVF)
The OMEA is proud to have a number of Corporate Partnerships. They range from retailers & travel companies to publishers & distributors. The OMEA Corporate Partners assist the OMEA in our efforts to continue their work as a professional subject association that contributes strongly to the well being of MUSIC within our education system in the province of Ontario. Contact: Mr. Jack Gordon.
- Alfred Publishing Co.
16320 Roscoe Blvd. Suite 100, Van Nuys, CA 91410
- Appalachian Instruments
171 Solingate Drive, Oakville , Ontario L6L 3S8
- Atlantic Band Festival
(Toronto Festival of Music) 8 Hillcrest Ave.,Charlottetown, P.E.I C1A 2M1
- Breezin Thru Theory
471 Woburn Ave., Toronto, ON M5M 1L6
- Brightspark Travel
3300 Bloor Street West Tower, Suite 1801, Toronto, ON M8X 2X2
- Canada-Cuba Sports and Cultural Festivals
7171 Torbram Road, Suite 51, Mississauga, ON L4T 3W4
- Canadian Opera Company
227 Front St. E., Toronto, ON M5A 1E8
- Coast Music
21000 Trans-Canada Hwy, Baie D’Urfe, Quebec H9X 4B7
- ConnSelmer Inc.
- Cosmo Music
10 Via Renzo Drive, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4S 0B6
- Counterpoint Musical Services
2650 John St. Unit #24, Markham, ON L3R 2W6
- D’Addario Canada
50 West Wilmot Street, Unit 13, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 1M5
- Don Wright Faculty of Music, University of Western Ontario
Talbot College, London, ON N6A 3K7
- Ed Sueta Music
- Ellison Tours
311 Main St. PO Box 1990, Exeter, ON N0M 1S7
- EMC Notes Inc
309 Main Street West 2nd Floor, Hamilton, ON L8P 1J7
- Empire Music Company
8553 Main St., Vancouver, BC V5X 3M3
- Gazebo Music Inc.
- Harknett Musical Services Ltd.
2650 John St., Unit #15, Markham, ON L3R 2W6
- Interprovincial Music Camp
Box 509, Campbellville, ON L0P 1B0
- Jeunesses Musicales Ontario
Suite 500, Adelaide Street East, Toronto, Ontario, M5C 1K6
- Lifelong Music
Ken Piirtoniemi, 512 Fourth Line E., Sault Ste. Marie, ON, P6A6J8
- Long & McQuade
722 Rosebank Road, Pickering, ON L1W 4B2
- Marc Garneau Collegiate Institute (TDSB)
135 Overlea Boulevard, Toronto, ON M3C 1B3
- Metalworks Institute of Sound and Music Productions
3611 Mavis Road, Mississauga, ON L5C 1T7
- MT Music Education Ltd.
626 Two Mile Lake Road, Sturgeon Falls, ON P2B 2X4
- Music Aid
311 Horton St E, London, ON N6B 1L5
- Musicare Inc.
4534 Anderson Rd, Carlsbad Springs, ON K0A 1K0
- Music For Young Children
39 Leacock Way, Kanata, ON K2K 1T1
- Music Plus Corporation
5 Michael St., Kitchener, ON N2G 1L7
6579 Highway 7 PO Box 77007 Markham ON L3P 0C8
- Naxos Music
3510 Pharmacy Avenue, Unit #3, Scarborough, Ontario M1W 2T7
- Neil A. Kjos Music Company
4382 Jutland Drive, San Diego, CA 92117 USA
- Ontario Educational Leadership Centre
7098 Rama Road, Longford Mills, ON L0K 1L0
- Pascal Veraquin Instruments
1656 avenue Laurier east / corner Papineau Montreal, QC CANADA H2J 1J2
- Pauwels Travel
95 Dalhousie St., Brantford, On N3T 2J1
- Remenyi House of Music
210 Bloor St. W., Toronto, ON M5S 1T8
- Roland Canada Ltd
5480 Parkwood Way, Richmond, BC V6V 2M4
- Show Choir Canada
736 Bathurst Street Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2R4
- Steve’s Music
415 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 2A5
- St. John’s Music
109 Vanderhoof Ave., Toronto, Ontario M4G 2H7
- Teaching Guitar Workshops
- Themes and Variations
P.O. Box 25109, Deer Park P.O, Red Deer, AB T4R 2M2
- Toronto Downtown Jazz
82 Bleecker Street Toronto, Ontario M4X 1L8
- University of Ottawa
50 University St.,Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5
- University of Toronto, Faculty of Music
80 Queen’s Park, Toronto, ON M5S 2C5
- University of Waterloo, Music Dept.
- University of Windsor, School of Music
555 Park Drive, Owatonna, MN 55060
- York University Music Department
4700 Keele St., Room 371 Accolade E., Toronto, ON M3J 1P3
What is the Administrator’s Advisory Council (AAC)?
The AAC is made up of a group of people who hold a position of added responsibility within music educational institutions (Boards of Education and universities) such as superintendents, instructional leaders, music consultants and co-ordinators, principals and vice-principals, university professors, instructors and administrators.
Who is the AAC?
- Carolyn Lewis – AAC Contact, Principal – Halton District School Board
- Gregg Bereznick – Superintendent of Education – Retired – Waterloo Region DSB
- Andrea Della Torre – Principal – Durham District School Board
- Brenda Hunter – Director of Education – Limestone District School Board
- Neil Yorke-Slader – Superintendent of Instruction – Retired – Ottawa-Carleton District School Board
- Andrew Locker – Principal – York Region District School Board
- Jeff Brinson – Vice Principal, Grand Erie District School Board
- John Chalmers – Vice Principal, Peel District School Board
- Mira Coghlan – Principal, Peel District School Board
- Kevin Merkley – Principal, York Region District School Board
How Do Members Access the AAC?
Email inquires to Carolyn Lewis and questions will be forwarded on for feedback.
The CMEA/Acme provides national leadership for music education in Canada. We are proud to represent and support music education across the country and to be the National Affiliate to the International Society for Music Education. The CMEA/Acme is a registered Not-for-Profit Organization under the Canada Corporations Act.
We are here to support Canadian music education at all levels. To learn more about CMEA/Acme, please click here.
The OMEA celebrated our 60th Anniversary in 2009. As part of our celebration we commissed Canadian composer Vince Gassi to create band piece. Phenom was premiered at Con Brio 2009 by the Ontario Provincial Honour Band under the direction of Samuel R. Hazo. Vince Gassi describes this work: A sense of mystery and wonder is evoked in the opening section of this work. The main theme then bursts its way in with a powerful call and response statement. From here the energy develops and transforms into a lyrical section with vibrant textures and colors. The intensity of the main theme cannot be held at bay for long, however, as it rematerializes and transports this work to its dramatic conclusion. This piece is part of Alfreds 2010 collection.
The Arts Education Consultants of Ontario (ARTSECO ) organization is comprised of system level Arts consultants and co-ordinators from across the province. Their mission is to support and encourage Arts in education and to liaise with the Ministry of Education, as well as existing agencies and arts organizations.
The Ontario Teachers’ Federation represents all teachers in the province’s publicly funded schools. We are the unifying voice safeguarding their profession, pensions and public education.
The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO) is the professional and protective organization representing over 76,000 teachers, occasional teachers, and education workers employed in the public elementary schools of Ontario.
The Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Associaton represents 45,000 professional women and men who teach all grades in publicly funded English Catholic schools in Ontario.
OSSTF/FESSO is a strong, independent, socially active union that promotes and advances the cause of public education and the rights of students, educators and educational workers.