Do you know of an Ontario School Administrator worthy of receiving recognition from OMEA for their exemplary support of music and music education within their school?
To be eligible for this honour, the nominee must:
– be nominated by a current OMEA member in good standing
– be a Superintendent, Director, Coordinator, Trustee, Head of School, Principal, Administrator or Member of a Board of Governors
– create an environment for musical excellence within their school
– be a strong advocate for music education
– value and support quality music education through hiring practices, financial consideration and professional development opportunities
– foster a community of musical appreciation within their school through the support of concerts, community events, Music Monday, etc.
The application process will include:
– Rationale for nomination
– A short biography of the nominee
– A headshot of the nominee for use in OMEA publications
– Contact information for both the nominator and nominee (see below)
– Nominations will be considered by the OMEA Board of Directors and selection will be made by majority vote
– Awards will be granted at the discretion of the OMEA Board of Directors
– Recipients will be recognized at our annual conference or a similar occasion. A photo and biography will be published in The Recorder
Applications accepted year round.