The OMEA is pleased to have affiliations with a number of different musical organizations. To become an affiliate organization - please apply through the OMEA President David Gueulette.
- Association of Male Choruses of Ontario (AMCO)
- Canadian Band Association (CBA)
- Canadian Music Educators’ Association (CMEA)
- Canadian Music Industry Education Committee (CMIEC)
- Carl Orff Canada – Ontario Chapter (COCMFC)
- Choirs Ontario (CO)
- Coalition for Music Education in Canada (CMEC)
- Early Childhood Music Association of Ontario (ECMA)
- Kodaly Society of Ontario (KSO)
- Ontario Band Association (OBA)
- Ontario Registered Music Teachers Association (ORMTA)
- Ontario Strings Association (OSA)
- Ontario Vocal Festival (OVF)
The OMEA is proud to have a number of Corporate Partnerships. They range from retailers & travel companies to publishers & distributors. The OMEA Corporate Partners assist the OMEA in our efforts to continue their work as a professional subject association that contributes strongly to the well being of MUSIC within our education system in the province of Ontario. Contact: Dr. Jane Saunders.
- Alfred Publishing Co.
16320 Roscoe Blvd. Suite 100, Van Nuys, CA 91410
- Andrew Jones Music
2006 Silverberry Crescent, Mississauga, ON L5J 1C9
- Appalachian Instruments
171 Solingate Drive, Oakville , Ontario L6L 3S8
- Arts Bureau for the Continents
1480 Riverside Dr. #905, Ottawa, ON K1G 5H2
- Atlantic Band Festival
(Toronto Festival of Music) 8 Hillcrest Ave.,Charlottetown, P.E.I C1A 2M1
- BAM! Baird Artists Management Inc
P.O. Box 5016 Station A, Toronto, Ontario M5W 1N4
- Breezin Thru Theory
471 Woburn Ave., Toronto, ON M5M 1L6
- Brightspark Travel
3300 Bloor Street West Tower, Suite 1801, Toronto, ON M8X 2X2
- Canada-Cuba Sports and Cultural Festivals
7171 Torbram Road, Suite 51, Mississauga, ON L4T 3W4
- Canadian Music Centre
20 St. Joseph St., Toronto, Ontario M4Y 1J9
- Canadian Opera Company
227 Front St. E., Toronto, ON M5A 1E8
- Casterbridge Concert Tours
4 Robert Speck Parkway 15th Floor, Mississauga, Ontario L4Z 1S1
- Clovertone Music - 256 Willard Ave Unit B Toronto, Ontario M65 3RZ
- Coast Music
21000 Trans-Canada Hwy, Baie D’Urfe, Quebec H9X 4B7
- Cosmo Music
10 Via Renzo Drive, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4S 0B6
- Counterpoint Musical Services
2650 John St. Unit #24, Markham, ON L3R 2W6
- D’Addario Canada
50 West Wilmot Street, Unit 13, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 1M5
- Don Wright Faculty of Music, University of Western Ontario
Talbot College, London, ON N6A 3K7
- Duo Percussion
Contact Dave at 519-639-1664
- Ellison Tours
311 Main St. PO Box 1990, Exeter, ON N0M 1S7
- EMC Notes Inc
309 Main Street West 2nd Floor, Hamilton, ON L8P 1J7
- Empire Music Company
8553 Main St., Vancouver, BC V5X 3M3
- Harknett Musical Services Ltd.
2650 John St., Unit #15, Markham, ON L3R 2W6
- Interprovincial Music Camp
Box 509, Campbellville, ON L0P 1B0
- Jeunesses Musicales Ontario
Suite 500, Adelaide Street East, Toronto, Ontario, M5C 1K6
- Jumbie Jam Canada of Panyard Inc.
47 Albani St., Toronto, Ontario, M8V 1X3
- Koffler Centre of the Arts
4588 Bathurst Street, Toronto M2R 1W6
- Leslie Music
198 Speers Ave, Oakville, ON L6K 2E9
- Long & McQuade
722 Rosebank Road, Pickering, ON L1W 4B2
- Metalworks Institute of Sound and Music Productions
3611 Mavis Road, Mississauga, ON L5C 1T7
- MT Music Education Ltd.
626 Two Mile Lake Road, Sturgeon Falls, ON P2B 2X4
- Music For Young Children
39 Leacock Way, Kanata, ON K2K 1T1
- Music Plus Corporation
5 Michael St., Kitchener, ON N2G 1L7
- National Music Camp of Canada
227 Eglinton Ave. W, Toronto, ON M4R 1A9
3510 Pharmacy Avenue, Unit #3, Scarborough, Ontario M1W 2T7
- Neil A. Kjos Music Company
4382 Jutland Drive, San Diego, CA 92117 USA
- Nobel Band Supply of Canada Ltd.
6597 Fabre, Montreal, QC H2G 2Z4
- Ontario Educational Leadership Centre
7098 Rama Road, Longford Mills, ON L0K 1L0
- Ontario Vocal Festival
135 Kingsview Drive, Bolton, ON L7E 3V8
- Pauwels Travel
95 Dalhousie St., Brantford, On N3T 2J1
- Prologue to the Performing Arts
55 Mill Street, The Case Good Bldg. #74 Suite 201, Toronto, ON M5A 3C4
- Presidio Brass
1863 Samar Dr. Costa Mesa, California 92626
- Remenyi House of Music
210 Bloor St. W., Toronto, ON M5S 1T8
- Rhythms International
2118, Gale, St. Augustin, QC G3A 1W7
- Roland Canada Ltd
5480 Parkwood Way, Richmond, BC V6V 2M4
- Search Associates
402-18 Hillcrest Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M2N 6T5
- Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
1 Front Street, Toronto, On M5E 1B2
- St. John’s Music
109 Vanderhoof Ave., Toronto, Ontario M4G 2H7
- Steve’s Music
415 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON M5V 2A5
- Teaching Guitar Workshops
- Themes and Variations
P.O. Box 25109, Deer Park P.O, Red Deer, AB T4R 2M2
- University of Ottawa
50 University St.,Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5
- University of Prince Edward Island
550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, P.E.I. C1A 4P3
- University of Toronto, Faculty of Music
80 Queen’s Park, Toronto, ON M5S 2C5
- University of Waterloo, Music Dept.
- Waterloo Music/St. John’s Music
3 Regina Street North, Waterloo ON Canada N2J 2Z7
555 Park Drive, Owatonna, MN 55060
- Woodshed Percussion Inc
616R St. Clarens Ave, Toronto, Ontario M6H 3W9
- World’s Finest Chocolate
P.O. Box 876, Campbellford, Ontario K0L 1L0
- Yamaha Canada Music
135 Milner Ave., Toronto, ON M1S3R1
- York University Music Department
4700 Keele St., Room 371 Accolade E., Toronto, ON M3J 1P3
The Alliance for Music Education Ontario is a unique collaboration which represents an enormous wealth of music education knowledge and experience.
The OMEA is a proud supporter of the organization which encompasses music education advocates, music educators and Ontario's music education industry.
The documents below were prepared as part of the ongoing efforts of the Ontario Music Educators’ Association to represent the needs of the Music teachers of Ontario to various government organizations and ministries. Advocacy Documents will be added to this page on a regular basis.
- Ontario Election: October 6th.
The future of Ontario music education is our responsibility. We need to ensure that those in Government are held accountable for the decisions that will shape our children’s educational future. The OMEA and the Alliance for Music Education has prepared the attached guideline to help address issues related to Music Education with your local candidates in the October 6th election. Election Advocacy
- Released January 2009 - All Members - Program Enhancement Grant Information - PEG by School Board
- Released October 6, 2008 - All Members - Alliance Brochure
- Released March 31, 2008 - All Members - Alliance for Music Education - YouTube Video
- Released January 30, 2008 - Summary of Recommendations - Read
- Released January 30, 2008 - Reading Notes - Final Pre-Budget Presentation - Read
- Released January 31st, 2007 - Ministry of Finance Pre-Budget Committee - Written Brief prepared by the Alliance for Music Education and the OMEA - Read
- Released January 31st, 2007 - Ministry of Finance Pre-Budget Committee - Oral Presentation, delivered and written by Jim Palmer, with the advice and input of the OMEA and the Alliance for Music Education - Read
- Released May 1st, 2007 - Ministry of Education - Read
Administrative Advisory Council (AAC)
What is the Administrator's Advisory Council (AAC)?
The AAC is made up of a group of people who hold a position of added responsibility within music educational institutions (Boards of Education and universities) such as superintendents, instructional leaders, music consultants and co-ordinators, principals and vice-principals, university professors, instructors and administrators.
Who is the AAC?
- Carolyn Lewis - AAC Contact, Vice-Principal - Halton District School Board
- Gregg Bereznick - Superintendent of Education - Waterloo Region DSB
- Jeff Blackwell - Superintendent of School Programs - Halton District School Board
- Susan Davies - Arts/Music Coordinator - Haldimand-Prince Edward County
- Andrea Della Torre - Principal - Durham District School Board
- Barb Fraser-Stiff - Superintendent of Education - Limestone District School Board
- Brenda Hunter - Director of Education - Limestone District School Board
- Neil Yorke-Slader - Superintendent of Instruction - Ottawa-Carleton District School Board
- Andrew Locker - Vice Principal - York Region District School Board
How Do Members Access the AAC?
Email inquires to Carolyn Lewis and questions will be forwarded on for feedback.
Canadian Music Educators' Association (CMEA)
The CMEA/Acme provides national leadership for music education in Canada. We are proud to represent and support music education across the country and to be the National Affiliate to the International Society for Music Education. The CMEA/Acme is a registered Not-for-Profit Organization under the Canada Corporations Act.
We are here to support Canadian music education at all levels. To learn more about CMEA/Acme, please click here.
The OMEA celebrated our 60th Anniversary in 2009. As part of our celebration we commissed Canadian composer Vince Gassi to create band piece. Phenom was premiered at Con Brio 2009 by the Ontario Provincial Honour Band under the direction of Samuel R. Hazo. Vince Gassi describes this work: A sense of mystery and wonder is evoked in the opening section of this work. The main theme then bursts its way in with a powerful call and response statement. From here the energy develops and transforms into a lyrical section with vibrant textures and colors. The intensity of the main theme cannot be held at bay for long, however, as it rematerializes and transports this work to its dramatic conclusion. This piece is part of Alfreds 2010 collection.
The Arts Education Consultants of Ontario (ARTSECO ) organization is comprised of system level Arts consultants and co-ordinators from across the province. Their mission is to support and encourage Arts in education and to liaise with the Ministry of Education, as well as existing agencies and arts organizations.
The Ontario Teachers’ Federation represents all teachers in the province’s publicly funded schools. We are the unifying voice safeguarding their profession, pensions and public education.
The Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario (ETFO) is the professional and protective organization representing over 76,000 teachers, occasional teachers, and education workers employed in the public elementary schools of Ontario.
The Ontario English Catholic Teachers' Associaton represents 45,000 professional women and men who teach all grades in publicly funded English Catholic schools in Ontario.
OSSTF/FESSO is a strong, independent, socially active union that promotes and advances the cause of public education and the rights of students, educators and educational workers.